When you watch your dog and children playing, there’s not much to choose between them…
Certainly neither of them can resist staying away from dirty, muddy puddles.
Since you can’t drag your children or your pets in and out of the bathroom all day long, what can you do to stave off muddy paws making a nightmare out of your carpeting or trashing your hard flooring?
Well, one neat solution you might not be aware of is a dog paw washer.
What is a dog paw washer then?
This neat little contraption can do more than clean the paws of your dog and keep your floors spotless. Dog paw cleaners also keep your furball’s paws free of bacteria and parasites so you can rest confident knowing your pet won’t be ravaged by these menaces.
Although this might seem like one of the easiest buying decisions in the world, there are a few things you should pay attention to when choosing to buy the best dog paw washer:
- Compact design: Whether you want a paw cleaner permanently set up outside your back door at home, or you prefer the idea of a portable cleaning device you can take just about anywhere with you, only you know how much importance you place on a compact footprint when you’re shopping for a pet paw cleaner
- Cleaning mechanism: Most of these pet paw cleaners use silicon bristles on a brush that will scour your dog’s paws wonderfully without ever being too harsh or causing them any pain at all. Other cleaning devices allow for the addition of detergent and chemicals. These are typically used if you live somewhere in the country where your dog tends to get filthy on a daily basis
- Easy to use, easy to clean: Not only does the paw cleaner you’re looking at need to be easy to use, you should also ensure that the model you’re looking at doesn’t have a bad rep for being awkward to clean. Let’s face it, any appliance that becomes a nuisance to use usually ends up gathering dust in a cupboard
- Effectiveness and overall performance: Reading plenty of user reviews is probably the best way to assess how good a paw washer is overall. You can pick up on any flaws in the product, too. Make sure any cleaner on your shortlist gets the job done effectively
- Color: Color might not be the first thing you consider when you’re shopping for dog paw cleaners but design always plays a part in any buying decision. Many of the cleaners we review today come in a broad palette of colorways to suit
OK, with that simple framework laid out, you should have a decent idea of what to look for on the buying trail.
Let’s get right down to business with the main event now and our dog paw cleaner reviews.
I. The 6 Best Dog Paw Washers
1. Our #1 Pick:Dexas MudBuster Dog Paw Washer
First up in our hunt for the best dog paw washer comes the Dexas MudBuster, our overall favorite when judged across the categories that count.
Choose from a huge array of sizes so you can keep your pooch’s paws spotless whatever breed he might be.
You can also opt for a bunch of colorways to gel with your existing décor.
As with most effective dog paw washers, you can take advantage of the rugged but soft silicon to buff up your dog’s dirty paws so you don’t get him dragging all that filth indoors.
You can get this paw washer with or without a lid to suit.
Measuring up at just 6 x 4 inches, this portable paw washer is ideal whether you’re heading on vacation or you want a permanent paw washer at home.
2. Paw Plunger Dog Cleaner
Is your pooch always returning from walkies with his feet caked in mud, sand, and other debris? If so, chances are he’ll be dragging all that dirt through the house and into your precious carpet.
The Paw Plunger can be found in sizes to fit most shapes and breeds. The Petite, Medium, and Large sizings should fit the majority of pooches.
The soft bristles get all the mess and grime out of your pet’s paws before it has chance to grind its way into your carpets.
With a handle on top so can more readily carry this paw cleaner around with you, this might not be the smallest or most portable piece of kit, but you won’t be sorry you invested in the Paw Plunger.
3. Paw Legend Paw Cleaner
Another dog paw cleaner coming in 3 sizes to suit just about all breeds, the Paw Legend is keenly priced, too.
All you’ll need to do is add some water and this cleaning device is ready to roll into action. You can then make certain your pooch doesn’t drag dirt and debris into your home when you’re done with walkies.
Made from silicon, you’ll get those pet paws immaculately clean without causing your pup any discomfort at all.
The only niggle about this paw cleaner is a handful of dissatisfied users complaining they got no real benefit from this cleaner and that the design leaves something to be desired. Overall, though, consumer opinion is predominantly positive.
4. Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner
Coming from the Bougainvillea Store, this Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner is one of the best contraptions on the market if you want to blitz those paws before your furball heads indoors.
Once you’re done cleaning your pup’s paws, you won’t need to take up too much time cleaning this device afterward.
Thanks to the detachable brush here, you can ensure your pup enjoys bath time even more than ever before. You can buff up far more than his paws, too. For an all-round grooming experience without heading to the pet salon or breaking the bank, invest in the Anipaw dog paw cleaner at your earliest convenience.
5. AK KYC Dog Paw Cleaner
If you want a versatile and super-safe BPA-free dog paw cleaner, AK KYC delivers in fine style.
As well as cleaning your pooch’s paws, you can also use this grooming tool to give your pup a massage. Multiple brushes bundled ensures your pet stays spotless with the minimum of effort.
The food-grade PP used in construction means you have no niggling safety concerns.
Just as easy to clean as it is for your dog to use, you can keep all your flooring fresh and still allow your furball to roam indoors. Stay clean while your pup stays stimulated.
As with all these tools, you’ll find some disgruntled users complaining about sizing. We’d suggest checking into this carefully before whipping out your credit card.
6. Doggie Dipper Portable Dog Paw Cleaner
Last up in our hunt for the best dog paw washers comes the Doggie Dipper, another soft yet durable and efficient paw cleaner from a highly reputable brand. What’s not to love?
Well, the overall build and engineering could be honed. In fairness, at this price point, a few rough edges when it comes to finishing can be overlooked.
The way this cleaner both cleans and dries paws at the same time shaves precious seconds off, ideal if you have a hectic lifestyle.
Suitable for just about all breeds and sizes of dogs, you can head off all dirt at the door and keep your house showroom fresh.
Well, if you started today with no idea at all about the best dog paw washers, that should have now changed.
If you stick with the half dozen tools we review today, you’re in safe hands. None of these cleaners is perfect, but we’ve drawn your attention to the flaws as well as the benefits so you can buy with your eyes wide open.
Opt for another paw cleaner and we’d urge you to bear in mind the pointers in our buying guide so you can find the most effective cleaner for the shape and size of your dog the easy way.
Bookmark MeetYourDog before you head off so you always have the lowdown on the best gear for your hound and you can find out the most effective training and grooming tips so he behaves well and looks the part at all times.